3 Week Online Beginners Photoshop for Screenprinting
An introduction to using Photoshop to create stencils for screenprinting
Led by artist Jonathan Rolfe
3 x 3 hour online sessions (Zoom)
Mondays 04, 11 & 18 October 2021
1.00pm – 4.00pm
Jonathan Rolfe will help you get to grips with using Photoshop to create stencils for screenprinting. This course is great for beginners although you will need to have your own copy of Photoshop installed and working on your computer.
- The Photoshop toolbox – using the key tools
- What is a halftone?
- Dots per inch? Lines per inch? What’s the difference and does it matter?
- The importance of understanding Moiré patterns
- A guide to image resolution
- Colour separations and registration
- Duotones and tritones
- Overview of 4-colour separations in Photoshop
- Output options
Jonathan is an artist printmaker who also has experience of reprographics in the commercial print world. He will assist you in learning the techniques you need to create stencils using Photoshop. There will also be an opportunity for one-to-one questions by email.
Zoom link to follow.