Studio Technician Vacancy
- 2-year contract
- £23,400 pa pro rata
Suitable for recent graduate with technician experience in a studio or teaching setting. This position provides a training ground for technicians so that they can move onto new places knowing they have a great experience and training behind them – allowing them to move forward with their careers.
- 17 hours a week
To provide an exemplary service to members and other users by ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the print studio; maintaining the facilities; ensuring adequate stock; providing technical support and delivering induction sessions.
- Maintaining the print and studio facilities in a clean condition and good working order
- Providing help and technical support for members to enable them to use the equipment correctly and safely.
- Responsibility for H&S in print studio
- Stock control – maintaining stock, purchasing new stock, researching new materials, purchasing within agreed budgets.
- Co-ordinating learning programme materials and equipment with tutors
- Maintaining studio shop
- Running formal induction sessions for potential new studio members
- Supervising membership technicians, UWE member technician, SPS/UWE Scholarship graduates
- Researching new techniques for use and application in the studio
- Advocating the range of goods and services available at SPS to users and potential new members
- With Studio Director and staff team, planning long term design and sustainability of studio and its facilities. This includes construction, assembly and repair and arranging freelance skills where necessary.
Hours of Work
Monday 1- 4 (flexi)