Drypoint at Home – 5-wk online course with Ruth Ander
Tuesday 31 October – 28 November 2023
5 sessions of 1.5 hours, via Zoom – link sent after booking.
Drypoint is amazing – accessible and as simple or complicated as you would like it to be. Discover the process from the comfort of your home.
- Inspiration- examples of Ruth Ander’s work and other artists’ work
- Introduction to drypoint- different plates (metal, plastic, card, tetrapak)
- Intro to papers and inks
- Any extra things you’ll need (water bath, jam jars, books or boards, mylar or cereal inside packet etc)
Homework: to do some drawings, work on compositions, find any collage papers
- Making plates- different plates, different tools
- Optional: monoprinting to make chine colle papers
- Printing the plates
- Printing and chine colle
- Drawing into the prints, adding monoprint or collage if wished.
The tech requirements:
- A computer (PC or Mac) with an up-to-date operating system
- Webcam and microphone
- An up-to-date version of Chrome browser installed on your computer
Ruth Ander is an artist and printmaker.